This post (and the ones that will follow) are majorly delayed. Many apologies. I have spent the week at the 2nd Asia-Oceania Algae Innovation Summit hosted in Bangkok this year, and spent over twelve hours there yesterday alone! But enough excuses, I will talk more about that later. The weekend before I left for Laos I headed downtown with a few friends to explore Wat Pho, where the
Reclining Buddha is held. I had absolutely no idea how big the actual Reclining Buddha was until seeing it in real life. As you can see with the picture of MK and I, we look tiny compared to it. It was breathtaking for sure.
 |
| Alms bowls used for donations |
 |
| More Buddhas, in a different temple |
 |
Aand another Buddha
|
After wandering around the temple complex for a while (there were about 15 different temples in Wat Pho) we decided to end the day with a massage. As it turns out, Wat Pho is
the place to go to get certified to be a masseuse in Thailand, so where else than here to try my first Thai massage? It was 260 Baht for 30 minutes, and one of the more painful experiences of my life but I felt amazing afterwards! Definitely recommend it to anyone traveling in Thailand.
No comments:
Post a Comment