09 July 2012

Chatuchak Market Round 2 + Bangkok FC

 
   This weekend a few of us went to the Chatuchak Market for a second time, which was a much different experience than the last.  Being prepared for the chaos of crowds, thousands upon thousands of stalls, and the overwhelming feeling you need to buy almost everything you see was definitely a plus! Luckily when one person saw something they wanted another would get something similar from the same stall, making it much easier to bargain.  We also ventured into the art section which had some amazing pieces that I definitely want to go back and look at again (along with about everything else!) Here's a few pics I took at the market.
 

                                               


    When we were leaving the market we wandered into Chatuchak Park (which is right next to the market) and sat by a pond in the center of the park to rest after a five hour shopping day.  An older Thai woman was selling fish food so we bought a bag and went up to the pond to throw the feed, and to our disgust the fish were as big as seals! They were the biggest, laziest fish I have ever seen in my life.  I felt a strange sense of pity for them for some reason. They must be fed so much bread and fish food everyday that they don't have to work for anything- the moved so slow and just swam on the surface with their mouths open scooping up food.  I took a picture with my phone so you can't see that well, but hopefully you get the idea.




     On Sunday we went to the Bangkok FC game, which is hosted right across from our school (so only a few minutes walk from our apartments).  I still have no idea who they were playing, but the energy from the crowd alone was so fun!  I enjoy watching soccer anyways, and they weren't great but it was cool to see how Thais watch and play soccer, they even had a cheer that went something like, "Ole, ole, ole, ole..." you get the picture.  Weird to hear a Spanish cheer at a Thai game, but everyone was really excited we (white kids) were at the game.  We had multiple people come up and shake our hands, wave, stare (like everywhere else we go), and one of the girls even had a man come up and blow her a kiss right next to her face!  Here's a few pictures I took at the game- they won 3-0!







     
















No comments:

Post a Comment