Just wanted to share with you guys my newest discovery in Thai desserts. Ice cream, with sticky rice in it. I know it sounds gross, but it's actually not bad at all. There's an ice cream stand outside our apartments that is there for a few hours in the evening, and we decided to try it after seeing a ton of people getting it. It's homemade vanilla ice cream, and choices of tons of non-conventional toppings! To give you a few examples, there is sun-dried bananas, dried pineapple, strawberry jelly, coconut jello-like cubes, jelly balls, sticky rice, and corn. Today I got sticky rice, strawberry jelly, and dried pineapple. The sticky rice looks like it's tinted blue because he dyed it with butterfly pea. Pretty cool, right? I know it sounds really weird and potentially gross, but it was seriously amazing! We wondered if when we get home we'll want rice on our ice cream?

No comments:
Post a Comment