07 December 2012

Chiang Rai

If you guys actually read my last blog post and didn't just look at the pictures (just kidding. not really.) you would notice I skipped a day in Chiang Mai!  That's because we spent it in Chiang Rai!  Betcha guys don't know where that is either.  It's okay.  It's just a different city in the northern part of Thailand.  Tom also conveniently has a friend from undergrad who lives here, and he rented a van to take us around all week so we thought we'd visit him.  His name was somewhat like "Wood."

But first, we stopped by a hot spring!  It smelled disgusting.  Picture rotten eggs.  Which is funny because you could buy eggs there to hard boil in the water.




Next top, Wood's house!  I wasn't really sure what to expect, but we arrived at what was a combination between an agriculture  industrial, and village-like compound, where Wood and all of his family and extended family lives.  They actually produce feed from corn and rice to provide to 7-11!  So he showed us around his land and Tom again translated for us.  A one of a kind experience I will never forget.







We ended the day with a trip to Wat Rong Khun, or "The White Temple."  It is unlike any other temple I have ever seen.  When I sent a pic to my parents they thought it was covered in snow!  Breathtaking.


  



Sorry that was horribly lazy and no description.  But multi-tasking over here.  And about to post three blog posts in one day! Wooooaaaah

No comments:

Post a Comment