Three posts in one day? Crazy, I know. I'm leaving tomorrow for Chiang Mai so I wanted to blog about everything before I get too behind!
Yesterday W, her mom, MK, and I took a break from research to do some touristy things. We have a never-ending list of things we still have to do in Bangkok and after today/traveling I will only have 4 days! Crazy! So, Jim Thompson has been pretty high on the list.
For those of you who don't know, Jim Thompson is pretty much the only famous American from Thailand. He came to Thailand in the 50's after being discharged from the Army and brought back the Thai silk industry, acquiring fame from the move "The King & I," and soon was sending silk to Vogue to be used in high fashion. He built an amazing house in Bangkok, however disappeared in a Malaysian jungle in 1967 and has not been seen since. His family donated his house to be a museum so you can now take guided tours! You sadly can't take pictures inside but I got a few good ones of the outside. Along with the house is a nice store selling anything from silk ties to sarongs to boxers! The prints look like a combo of Vineyard Vines and Kate Spade, it was adorable!




Another item on our checklist was to take a Thai cooking class! So we signed up for one our friend had taken earlier this year, and it was awesome. The instructor was amazing and the food was delicious! So instead of explaining anything, I'm gonna show you a bunch of pictures.
 |
| Supplies |
 |
| Coconut, pre-milk |
 |
| Tom Yum |
 |
| Fried Cashew Chicken |
 |
| Panang Curry |
 |
| Green Curry Paste in the works |
 |
| Green Curry |
 |
| Sticky Rice and Mango! |
No comments:
Post a Comment