01 June 2013

Amsterdam cont.

Today was my second day in Amsterdam! When I describe what I did today, you'll probably think, "uh, what took so long?"...but trust me, I could have spent hours more in museums today. 

First was the Van Gogh museum, which was four overwhelming floors. We got audio guides and wandered through the museum.  For Van Gogh fans out there a few I saw were the potato eaters, the sunflower set, and the Japanese cherry blossom (no, these aren't the names but pictures will come later!). I was hoping Starry Night would be there but it wasn't.

Next was the Rijks museum, a gigantic collection of Dutch art. From Rembrandt to Van Gogh they had absolutely everything. There were three gigantic floors that took forever to walk around, and I feel like I only saw half of the museum.  

Tomorrow is the Anne Frank house and then back to the US. 

No comments:

Post a Comment