30 May 2013

Brugge

Made it to Belgium today! Will only be here half of the day tomorrow, so cross your fingers it doesn't rain (again) tomorrow! 

Got here around lunch and obviously that was the first thing we did- eat.  Walked to the town square and picked a random restaurant. I got cheese croquettes and a local beer called Zot recommended to us. It was all delicious! 



After that we really just wandered around- Brugge is a small tourist-y city known for chocolate, beer, and lace so we explored all three. Anyone want an expensive lace tablecloth? I'm still keeping my hopes up for a lace dress of some sort...

Walking along the canals was peaceful and calm, and would have been gorgeous had the weather not been rainy and cold.  We saw four different windmills, some of which you could walk up to and one of which is still functional.

We obviously walked in multiple chocolate shops and bought fresh chocolate. Eating fresh chocolate, I have decided, is life changing.  And a must for all to-do lists. Here's some I bought today...will obviously be purchasing more tomorrow.


Dinner obviously was next because what else is there to do in Europe besides walk around and eat long meals? At restaurants here once you have a table it is yours for the night- so don't try and go to a restaurant that looks full. They absolutely won't bring you the check unless you ask for it.  This is how it was in Thailand, I guess Americans are just impatient.  We again picked another random restaurant and ate. This time I got spinach lasagna, which is under the "snacks" portion of the menus here...

Tomorrow were hopefully going to some museums and churches, then we leave for Amsterdam at 3!  My Europe tour is almost over sadly..

No comments:

Post a Comment