Update: Just ate dinner at my first German restaurant! I got a pasta dish with tiny mushrooms...I can't remember what it was called at the moment. But it wasn't bad! I expect a lot of meat-and-cheese type deals while I'm in Europe, which I'm not sure how I feel about yet since I don't really eat that much meat anyways.
Things I've learned about Germany so far: they like rules, and they don't like when you don't follow them. they will walk around you in line if you aren't moving as quickly as they'd like. roads are confusing: there are bike lanes on the sidewalks but they're just a slightly darker brick; trains go on the same roads as cars; there aren't really parking spaces, people just pull up on the sidewalk and call it quits.
Yep, that's about it. Leaving for Zurich tomorrow afternoon, hopefully it will be warmer!
Love your blog! Keep it up!
ReplyDelete